Monday, September 18, 2017

Madama Butterfly

Madama Butterfly is an Opera composed by Giacomo Puccini. The animation version i believe was done by Ochō Fujin no Gensō . The ten minute video in my opinion was very interesting however, done very well. The director did an amazing job at taking such a long opera and condensing the gist of it in ten minutes.

This opera has me left in disbelief if this was a common thing in 1904 or early 1900's. In today's society I feel like this is unacceptable if the mother or father in any case is able to take care of the child. i thought in the animation that the mother seemed as if she was able to take care of the child, maybe not in the most lavish way possible but she seemed happy and close to her mother. yes the father living on a cruise ship could easily take a more "normal" approach at raising a child however, as they drove off you see in the car about four other children who look about all different races insinuating he does this all around the world which is not a healthy family relationship in my opinion.

Coming from such a large family I have five brothers one full brother, one half brother, and three stepbrothers, I would be crushed if any of them was just taken by their father or mother randomly one day to have a "better" life. I have gotten attached to all five of them from the moment I started living with them and I couldn't imagine my life without any of them, let alone if i was taken away from my mother cause I have been a momma's girl since the day I was born since my biological father was not around.When my father tried to come back into my brother and I's life I wasn't worried this man i've never met before was gonna take me away cause i knew my mother was not going to let that happen no matter if I thought he was the best person who could raise me because i know my mother was more than capable to raise my brother and I. 

My morales would not stand for this because in my eyes the person who is there for you from the beginning is your parent and best suitable to raise you. They don't just pop up when its convenient or come back when the hard part is over. and when the sailor came and took the child and the mother just fell apart that just goes to show how much she loved her child and the director did a beautiful job at portraying that amount of love and connection a mother has with her child.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Video

I work at a youth development summer camp that leads into afterschool program. I work with around 500 kids from ages 5- 16. Most kids thin...