Thursday, September 21, 2017

Stage Door Broadway

after reviewing the Stage door blog I found three shows i would like to talk about, first is Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Reading Angel de Quinta's thought on it i'm glad he uploaded a 2 minute trailer of the performance. I agree that this production is "almost nearly perfect". seeing the tim burton movie all my life it was great to see how they translated it onto a live stage. the sets looked magical and I love how they did the ending elevator scene with the technology of ropes to pull them up and fly them across the stage and the projections in my opinion made it look as similar as possible as the movie, I would most definitely watch this live if i get the chance too.
secondly, The Color Purple, the well known novel of a black heroine who leavers her jailer husband. this production doesn't seem like the sets are elaborate but more of they focused on choreography and really on the performers. In the trailer it looked like to me to be an amazing show they wanted to keep it simple just like the novel and focus all on the emotion of the story with props. this production was backed by some big names in the hollywood industry like oprah winfrey giving the production lots of attention and then having jennifer hudson in the show only brought more attention to it. Angel says it seemed to be the most beautiful production they have ever done and from the looks of it, it seems to be raw beautiful show that focuses on talent voices and emotion.
the third show I liked on angel de Quinta's blog was, Guys and Dolls. this production that angel saw did not have the original cast in it but, he said it is still very advisable. in my opinion after having one cast and it doing so well the next round of performers have huge shoes to fill and that's nerve wracking. Sit down your rocking the boat was known to get the audience on their feet and i find that hard to believe. yes it is a high energy song towards the end however i was unimpressed with the video Angel uploaded which leads me to believe thats what hes talking about in his blog but it did not click for me i hated the voices and the choreo looked messy and too busy for me. lets just say it would not get me on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Video

I work at a youth development summer camp that leads into afterschool program. I work with around 500 kids from ages 5- 16. Most kids thin...